The Urban Transport Group, together with Network for Skills, has developed a bespoke Leadership Programme for UTG members, aimed at developing the next generation of transport sector leaders.
Launched in October 2022, the Leadership Programme comprises a mixture of in-person events and online action learning sets, covering a wide range of essential topics for senior transport sector staff looking to progress their leadership skills to the next level, including:
- An introduction to leading in the public sector
- Finding your leadership style and building your network
- Influencing skills
- Operating in a political environment
- The art of collaboration
- Creating an inclusive culture
- Understanding future challenges and horizon scanning
Participants also benefit from inspiring guest speakers, visits and networking opportunities.
The Leadership Programme is offered to senior staff nominated by each of our full members.