This website is operated and controlled by Urban Transport Group which remains the data controller and the responsible statutory body in relation to this brand.
The Urban Transport Group processes all data fairly and lawfully in line with the Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The personal information we collect is that which data subjects provide to the organisation via direct engagement. This includes, but is not limited to information provided via:
- requests for e-updates
- job applications and employee information
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes and on the basis of our legitimate interests:
- processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
- sending you information which you have requested
- auditing the usage of our websites
- monitoring the usage of our websites to enable us to update and tailor our websites to meet the needs of users
- sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
- to comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention.
We may keep a record of those weblinks which are most regularly used, thus enabling us to provide the most helpful information to users on our websites. Such information is held anonymously and you will not be personally identifiable from this information.
Disclosure of your data
We routinely share information with our members. We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
- there is a business need to do so as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf or run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information from you or at the nearest possible opportunity
- we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention.
We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected or only for as long as it is necessary for the purposes defined above, such as delivering our services to you.
In the event that we need to transfer personal information outside of the United Kingdom we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the appropriate safeguards are in place and that your information is processed securely.
Any changes we make to this privacy statement will be posted on this page and where appropriate, will be notified to you by e-mail.
You have the right to request us to stop processing your data. Please note this may result in the withdrawal of particular services you have requested from us where the processing of your data is necessary for the delivery of said services.
You have the right to request the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). You can use the contact details provided below to make a SAR.
You can contact us about this privacy statement.
If you are ever unhappy with how we have dealt with your request or the use of your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
The Office of the Information Commissioner Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AX