In December 2023, an independent Rail and Urban Transport Review was established to examine how a future government could accelerate connectivity within and between the UK’s key urban areas.
The review has been commissioned by the Labour Party and is being led by industry heavyweight Juergen Maier CBE, former Siemens CEO and Vice Chair of the Northern Powerhouse Partnership.
Urban Transport Group has been appointed the Secretariat for the review, lending administration and technical support. This will be alongside Arup who will be providing expertise and thought leadership to the review.
The review will be led by an expert panel, who together will explore four core themes including:
- Growth opportunity through unlocking planning
- Clarity and certainty of policy and funding
- Devolution and sustainable partnerships
- Private sector and industry capacity
UTG is coordinating the evidence gathering process.
The deadline for submitting evidence has now closed.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
The review panel is:
- Allan Cook CBE, former Chairman of HS2; Member of J.F. Lehman Advisory Board; Chair of Herriot Watt Strategy Board - CEng; Chair of Material Innovation Leadership Group
- Emma Porter, Managing Director of Story Plant Limited
- Laurent Troger, former CEO of Bombardier Transportation, strategic advisor in public transportation
- Nicola Smith, Head of Economics at the Trade Union Congress
- Will Wilson, former leader of rolling stock manufacturer and long-standing industry expert
- Tai Chong Chew, International Infrastructure Expert
- Bob Morris, urban transport industry expert
- Henri Murison, Chief Executive, Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Anne Shaw OBE, Transport Executive Director and urban transport industry expert