Job vacancies at Urban Transport Group
Policy and Research Advisor, Urban Transport Group
Transport policy is central to people’s lives, their health and the opportunities they can access – it is also at the heart of efforts to tackle the climate emergency. Join the Urban Transport Group for an exciting chance to influence the future of urban transport as part of a small, friendly team with a proven track record in achieving policy change at national level.
The Urban Transport Group is the UK’s network of city region transport authorities, who together serve over 20 million people. Our vision is for city regions to be green, fair, happy, healthy and prosperous places, and with the right policies in place, transport can help make this happen.
We’re seeking a Policy and Research Advisor.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking original research projects and analysis to develop new insights, share best practice and influence stakeholders locally and nationally.
- Developing, expanding and leading on your own areas of policy expertise to contribute to the overall credibility and influence of our work.
- Working collaboratively with UTG members and stakeholders to ensure our work is tailored to their needs and priorities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant education or experience.
- Able to be a strong advocate for sustainable transport policy and practice.
- Willingness and ability to rapidly establish, grow and maintain knowledge of a wide range of transport and related policy areas (such as environment, health, economy, place making, social inclusion).
- £34,356 per annum
- 28 days Annual Leave (increasing upon years of service) plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Free Travel on rail and buses across West Yorkshire with the M-Card (Zones 1-5)
- Flexible Working Practices with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
For further information, a full role profile and to apply, please visit the website of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (who host the Urban Transport Group)
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday 12 February 2023
Job vacancies at our Members
The following links are to jobs pages on our Members' websites.
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority
- Transport for London
Job vacancies at our Associate Members
The following links are to jobs pages on the websites of our Associate Members.
- West of England Combined Authority
- Nottingham City Council
- Tees Valley Combined Authority
- Transport for Wales
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
Who are our members?
View our current members